Sunday, January 25, 2009

Snow


This morning we awoke to about 2 inches of snow! Not a big deal but I needed to get it all shoveled because we were having an open house today. Both boys were super eager to help me so we bundled up and outside we went. The snow was just perfect! Light and fluffy!! Both boys had a shovel and I just used the broom because it was so easy to move I could just sweep it off the driveway. We weren't out for very long and my neighbor next door came out to do his driveway. Now he had the right idea....he used his leaf blower!! The snow was so light that to use a snow blower would have been pretty useless....shovelling seemed a bit trivial but the leaf blower....did the trick!! He came over to our driveway and finished it off for us as well as the sidewalk. The boys had a ton of fun with him. They would stand in his way so when he blew the snow it would blow towards them and cover them head to toe! He even gave each boy a turn with the leaf blower so they could blow the snow themselves! What a great neighbor!! After everything was done we thanked our neighbor and started to head back inside. As we were heading in Parker stopped and told me to wait a second. He then proceeded over to our neighbor and said, "I don't believe we have met". "My name is Parker ". And he held his hand out to shake. I was totally proud of my little man. He was correct...he had not yet been formally introduced to our neighbor and he took the initiative to introduce himself in such a polite manner. YIPPEE for good manners and I made sure he knew how proud I was of him.

No comments: