Saturday, January 24, 2009

Elvis is in the house

Cooper has taken a love of Elvis! At one of the local grocery stores they celebrated Elvis' birthday and we had to make a special trip to the store to check it out. To his disappointment, Elvis was not there. Even though I have told him a thousand times that Elvis is an angel singing in heaven....he really really wants to meet Elvis. The latest Elvis story is this.... Cooper and I were in the music section of Target the other day. In some stores they have a sampling of music that you can listen too. I was checking out the 80's music and Cooper made a beeline to guess who....The King himself. He kept pushing the same button over and over so he could listen to a snippet of Hounddog. We must have stood there for a good 5 minutes as he perfected his song of choice. As we left he kept singing....Ain't nothin' but a Hounddog over and over and then asked me if he had the Elvis lip good! Who knew my little boy would love Elvis so much!

1 comment:

Lucky Mom said...

I am cracking UP!!!! Elvis??? Of all musical talents, Cooper likes Elvis??? That is so adorable. And the lip thing... To die for. You need to take a video of this. It would be soooo great to look back on.