Sunday, August 31, 2008

Brotherly Love



This past week Cooper had a difficult time sleeping in his own bed. He actually crawled into bed with me when Rob was out of town and said he had a bad dream. He continued to tell me that he dreamt of bad ogres! Where bad ogres came from I have no idea. I/we tried to tell him that ogres can be good....referencing Shrek of course. But...he didn't take to it very well. So he ended up sleeping in Parker's room for 3 nights and they both slept in sleeping bags on Parker's floor. By the end of the week Parker was complaining that his back was hurting and decided that the best solution was to have Cooper's bed moved into his room so that they can share a room and no one will be scared!!! What a great big brother! Cooper of course was thrilled! So today we rearranged rooms. And as bedtime approached they were so excited to share a room. They said that they had been waiting all day for this....it was like having a sleepover but for a long time (so says Cooper). I am so happy they are such close brothers!! I know this won't last forever but they sure looked so sweet as they fell off to night night right next to each other!! As you will see in the picture....we have a wall dedicated to the Univ. of Montana GRIZ in their bedroom!!!!

2 comments:

Lucky Mom said...

Aaaah, melts my heart all over again! I remember the girl's first few nights sharing a room. They slept together all snuggled up under the blankies. So precious! Now all they do is complain that the other one won't stop talking and its keeping them awake, and on and on and on. I try to remind them how LUCKY they are to have one another...

Barbara said...

Thata is just the sweetest thing I think I have ever heard. You really have some awesome kids.