Wednesday, August 20, 2008

2nd Grade


Today was the 1st day of 2nd Grade! I always have a difficult time with the 1st day of school. Actually, it might be a toss up because I seem to have a hard time with the last day of school as well! The morning started out just as any normal school day morning. Parker usually jumps out of bed before his alarm goes off because he is so excited to go to school. We completed our normal morning routine and then it was time to take pictures. The yearly ritual we do to start off the 1st day of school! I was quite overwhelmed with the thought of 2nd grade. To me, 2nd grade is a turning point between the "just starting school" years to a seasoned school boy. So I made a mental note to myself, "he is growing up....it is ok to let him grow up...hold your tears in"!! After pictures we were off! Parker could hardly wait to get there! Rob decided to go into work late so that he could see Parker off to his 1st day of school. We all waited outside of school along with many other students until the bell rang signaling that we could enter the building. As we waited outside Parker was surrounded by a group of buddies! Happy as a clam! We then proceeded inside to his classroom and upon walking down the hallway I noticed something. Here he is walking to 2nd grade and in his hand is a baggie with his 3 month baby picture in it. His teacher wanted them to bring their baby pictures on the 1st day of school to begin a project she had planned for them. It then brought tears to my eyes....where did the time go. It seems like it was just yesterday that he was a baby and now....if you blink you will miss something spectacular!! After we left Parker and as we were walking back to the car I asked Cooper if he was ok. Seeing as though, he does not start preschool for a few more weeks and he will be left to play by himself at home! His response, "I'm cool mom....I get all the toys to myself now"! That put a smile on my face at exactly the right time!

1 comment:

Lucky Mom said...

This picture really makes him look grown up! Its amazing how much they can age over one summer. I agree... he is a seasoned school kid now. Boo hoo!