Monday, August 17, 2009

1st Day of School
















Today was the 1st day of school for both boys! Cooper started Kindergarten. He was so excited this morning. He jumped out of bed in a flash and gave a thumbs up. Parker was just as excited to go to school this morning and start 3rd grade!!! My gosh, I just can't believe how quickly time goes by. As usual I cried this morning as the boys were getting ready...then I cried again in the car on the way there....and I cried again when we walked Cooper to his classroom. I know I am a softie and I really cannot help it! hahaha Parker was such a wonderful big brother this morning. Helping Cooper find his way around and sticking by him on the playground before the bell rang. As the Kindergartners gathered, Cooper waved and gave the thumbs up sign again and off he went with his teacher! Such a big boy!! As Cooper was gathering with his class I noticed Parker was off with a small group of his friends. He looked like such a big boy....looking cool with his group of friends. Then they called all 3rd graders and he walked with his friends and found his teacher. He didn't turn to look at Rob and I and we had no waves good-bye. I had tears in my eyes but at the same time for the 1st time I realized that it was OK. He is getting older. He doesn't always need mom and dad right by his side. I was then happy to see him so happy and content. I am excited to see the boys after school and head to Dairy Queen. Ice cream on the 1st and last day of school is a ritual for us!!!!

1 comment:

Lucky Mom said...

You think you're a softie??? Gosh, I'm sitting here crying FOR YOU because you got no waves goodbye from Parker. Literally... I have tears! I can't imagine!!!! As it was, I had to ask Kaden 3 times to give me a hug before I left. He was so involved in playing with his buddies. Boo hoo. Letting them grow up is so hard. But you're right... The fact that they don't need hugs is a true testament to the good job we are doing. But boo hoo...