Thursday, November 13, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Simple pleasures....Parker reminded me of how truely special simple pleasures are today. As I picked him up from school he was super excited right as he got in the car. He told me, "today was the best day ever"!! I replied with, "Super, tell me all about it....what made it the best day ever"! He proceeded to tell me that he was in his classroom and he was just about ready to sit on the carpet for story time. I guess he noticed an empty spot next to a young girl in his class. Mind you, he has told me about this particular girl and how he likes her. He then said, as he sat down next to her he really wasn't watching what he was doing and his hand came to rest on her hand and they "touched hands for like 3 seconds"!! That was it! That was all he needed today to make his day the best day ever. I am so thankful for my boys. They teach me something new every day. Today....I really paused for a moment and reminded myself that we all need little touches, smiles, kind words, etc....and how happy it makes us feel to give those things as well as receive those simple pleasures. It reminded me not to always set your goals to high or shoot for the stars every time. That taking comfort and enjoying the small things along the way is far more important than the end result.

3 comments:

Lucky Mom said...

This is MY FAVORITE post EVER. So cute!!!! I love that he is so excited to TOUCH hands. Yes, simple pleasures are fantastic.

D@N! said...

Hehe...That was soo CUTE she must be very pretty and CUTE!!!!!The littlest things that make their day!

Lucky Mom said...

I have to post on this one again... I was just telling someone about Parker's BEST day ever. It is so sweet. Has he had anymore hand-touching moments? I can't believe he is old enough to be excited by this. They are growing up so fast. I miss you.