Sunday, July 12, 2009

It's All Fun and Games Until.....A Bear Bites Your Bumper!




Yes, indeed, I do not lie. A bear actually bit the bumper of my car as we made our way through Bear Country in South Dakota. For those who may not be familiar with Bear Country it is an attraction in South Dakota where you drive your vehicle through a wildlife park and view animals in their natural habitat. We saw Elk, Reindeer, Wolves, Mountain Lions, Mountain Goats, and of course Bear. At first it was pretty cool to see the bear walk so close to your vehicle but this particular bear decided our bumper was its lunch. We were in my car....a manual...and on an incline. So, the bear decides to walk behind our car. We had two choices, either start up the hill and roll back into the bear (it was that close) or sit there and wait for the bear to pass. We decided to wait for the bear to pass and much to our dismay....we were eaten. Like I told the boys.....you will always remember your 1st trip to Mt. Rushmore because that was the trip that a bear bit our bumper. Enjoy the pics and I will be posting more of our trip to Mt. Rushmore shortly!!!

1 comment:

Lucky Mom said...

WOW. I remember when I was little that a rhino charged our car. It was very scary. He rushed right at our car and stopped JUST outside the passenger window. Yikes. I'm so glad the bear only nibbled on your bumper and let you go. What a memory!!